Webinar Resource Center
AMSA offers many lectures and trainings via webinar. If you are unable to attend these in real-time, we would like to offer these sessions to you for viewing at your leisure. We welcome your input and suggestions for future topics/sessions.
Healthcare Policy Lecture Series
- Single Payer (2012): Dr. Robert Zarr from Physicians for a National Health Plan gives a rundown on the US insurance system, the ACA, and how a single-payer insurance system could help control healthcare costs in the US.
- ACA Part 1 & ACA Part 2 (2012): Dr. Cedric Dark, founder and executive editor of policyrx.org, gives a two-part talk on the Affordable Care Act.
- Women's Health (2012): Danielle Garrett from the National Women's Law Center touches on a number of important women's health issues and discusses some of the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act that impact women's health.
- Conflicts of Interest (2012): Dr. Ashlee Goldsmith, a 4th year resident and member of the NPA Unbranded Doctor Network, talks about conflicts of interest and how the pharmaceutical industry influences physician prescribing habits.
Quality Time Video Training Series
Patient Safety & Quality
- Introduction to Patient Safety with Robert Wachter, MD (2011)
- What Shapes the Delivery of Healthcare? with Shawna Perry, MD and Alan Dow, MD, MSHA (2012)
- An Invitation to Compassion: The Future of End of Life Care with Stephen Kiernan (2011)
- Solving Problems and Solving Puzzles: the Need for Improvement Science with Peter Pronovost, MD, PhD, FCCM (2012)
- How to Build a Career in Patient Safety & Quality with Peter Pronovost, MD, PhD, FCCM and HeeWon Lee (2012)
General Medical Professionalism
SWIM: Student Wellness & Integrative Medicine Webinar Series
Race, Ethnicity and Culture in Health
Wellness & Student Life Book Discussions
Health Equity & Health Justice
Chapter Officer Leadership Webinar Series (2012)
- Your AMSA Narrative: Craft your own personal AMSA
story that you can share when talking with friends, family and
colleagues. This is a valuable recruitment tool to have during
- Your Toolkit: Resources available to have a successful recruitment year as well as resources you can use for programming activities.
- Chapter Development. Better, Faster, Stronger! Ups and downs of
chapter development and how to engage members in activities, leadership