Webinar Resource Center
AMSA offers many online lectures and trainings. We invite you to view these recording and welcome suggestions for future topics/sessions.
Community Healers Inspiring Tomorrow (CHIT) Chat Monthly Webinar Series
Hosted by the American Medical Student Association (AMSA) and the American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM). All of these webinars can be viewed online at http://www.acpm.org/?CHITChatWebinars.
- Obesity and Metabolic Risk in Children: How Growing Up Sweet Can Turn Sour (Nov 2013)
- The Epidemiology Of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (Oct 2013)
- What is Preventive Medicine? Growing and Strengthening Preventive Medicine (Sept 2013)
- Lifestyle Medicine: What is it and Who Does it Benefit? (Mar 2013)
- Careers in Preventive Medicine: A Panel Discussion (Dec 2012)
- Primary Care and Public Health: Integration to Improve Population Health (Nov 2012)
- Growing and Strengthening Preventive Medicine (Sept 2012)
- Public Health Fellowships and Rotations for Medical Students and Residents
- Geriatrics, Prevention and Medicare: An Overview
- Prevention, The Best Health -- and Healthcare-- Strategy
NPCW 2013 Webinars
- Current Crisis in Primary Care
Current crisis in primary care, obesity amongst the general population & its consequences on health care, and quality of life. Speaker: Michael F. Jacobson, Executive Director and Founder of Food Day
- Vitality of Primary Care
Importance of primary care in our society with focus on the Affordable Care Act and how it will impact medical students and the future of primary care physicians. Speakers: Dr. Andrew Morris-Singer & Tabitha Hariston
- Professionalism in Primary Care
Trans-disciplinary professionalism and why it is important to collaborate with other professionals in health care for our patients’ well-being. Speakers: Dr. Virna Little, Dr. Jeff Koetje & Dr. Lea Brandt
- Fighting Student Debt
Analysis of medical debt, loan repayment, and scholarship plans available to medical students. Speaker: Julie Gilbert
- National Corps and Primary Care
To celebrate National Corps Community Day, a NHSC member and practicing clinician addresses his/her view on primary care and experience with the Corps. Speakers: Dr. Bernard Abbott & Dr. Gayle Mathews
- Choose Primary Care!
Why choosing primary care is important to our society, and the advantages of choosing family medicine as a career choice. Speaker: Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Wellness & Student Life Book Webinar
Healthcare Policy Lecture Series
- Single Payer (2012): Dr. Robert Zarr from Physicians for a National Health Plan gives a rundown on the US insurance system, the ACA, and how a single-payer insurance system could help control healthcare costs in the US.
- ACA Part 1 & ACA Part 2 (2012): Dr. Cedric Dark, founder and executive editor of policyrx.org, gives a two-part talk on the Affordable Care Act.
- Women's Health (2012): Danielle Garrett from the National Women's Law Center touches on a number of important women's health issues and discusses some of the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act that impact women's health.
- Conflicts of Interest (2012): Dr. Ashlee Goldsmith, a 4th year resident and member of the NPA Unbranded Doctor Network, talks about conflicts of interest and how the pharmaceutical industry influences physician prescribing habits.
Quality Time Video Training Series
Patient Safety & Quality
- Introduction to Patient Safety with Robert Wachter, MD (2011)
- What Shapes the Delivery of Healthcare? with Shawna Perry, MD and Alan Dow, MD, MSHA (2012)
- An Invitation to Compassion: The Future of End of Life Care with Stephen Kiernan (2011)
- Solving Problems and Solving Puzzles: the Need for Improvement Science with Peter Pronovost, MD, PhD, FCCM (2012)
- How to Build a Career in Patient Safety & Quality with Peter Pronovost, MD, PhD, FCCM and HeeWon Lee (2012)
General Medical Professionalism
SWIM: Student Wellness & Integrative Medicine Webinar Series
Race, Ethnicity and Culture in Health
Health Equity & Health Justice
Chapter Officer Leadership Webinar Series (2012)
- Your AMSA Narrative: Craft your own personal AMSA
story that you can share when talking with friends, family and
colleagues. This is a valuable recruitment tool to have during
- Your Toolkit: Resources available to have a successful recruitment year as well as resources you can use for programming activities.
- Chapter Development. Better, Faster, Stronger! Ups and downs of
chapter development and how to engage members in activities, leadership